We are proud of the development of the company since 1953 over the course of three generations from a small family business to an internationally active group of companies with more than 125 employees. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the most important milestones in the history of the company.
Founding of the company Kohl Schrott- und Metallgroßhandel by Erwin and Maria Kohl in Bramsche-Hesepe on premises 5,000 square metres in size. Maria Kohl takes over the running of the company.
Expansion of the premises by leasing an additional property in Bramsche-Hesepe.
Purchase of the first cable excavator.
Appointment of the first employees to the family business.
Set up of a company workshop in Bramsche-Ueffeln.
Change of name and legal status to Kohl Schrott- und Metallgroßhandel GmbH.
Hans-Georg Kohl joins management.
Relocation of the company to the current premises in Bramsche-Achmer on a site of 45,000 square metres, at first.
Death of senior director Erwin Kohl.
Expansion of the premises to 90,000 square metres.
Current director Stefan Kohl joined the company.
Certification in accordance with ISO EN DIN 9001:2000-12 and certification as a Specialist Waste Management Company.
Death of senior director and company founder Maria Kohl.
Death of the company director Hans-Georg Kohl.
After the early death of his father, Hans-Georg Kohl, Stefan Kohl becomes sole director.
Founding of the Kohl Holding GmbH & Co. KG.
Founding of Kohl Logistic GmbH & Co. KG.
Installation of a 1,000 t scrap shears unit from Metso Lindemann.
Change of name and legal status from Kohl Schrott- und Metallgroßhandel GmbH to Kohl Recycling GmbH.
Founding of Kohl Waste Trade GmbH.
Founding of Kohl Energy GmbH & Co. KG.
Installation of a concrete mixing system for producing concrete blocks.
Expansion of the company premises by 16,800 square metres by leasing an additional property in the immediate vicinity of the headquarters.
Kohl Energy takes over Brennwerk Holzenergie GmbH.
Expansion of company premises by 50,000 square metres with a second property in Bramsche-Engter.